ACW Awards 2017 - Nominations Open!
1st October 2016 heralded the first ever ACW Awards.
These awards – first of it’s kind, are a chance to reward those who have demonstrated extra-curricular achievements & skills highly valuable amongst the medical profession, but rarely celebrated!
Results were announced at the second Alternative Careers and Wellbeing Event on Sat 1st Oct 2016. Awards were given out by Dr. Rosena Allin-Khan MP.
- Winners: Diversified Medic of the Year - Dr. Kishan Rees
- Entrepreneur of the Year - Oliver Jones (Medical Student)
- Health Tech Startup of the Year - Doctor Care Anywhere
If you have what it takes OR know of an individual or company deserving of the awards, feel free to enter!
Nomination Deadlines - July 31st<
Entrepreneur of the Year
Medical student or doctor who has excelled as an entrepreneur in any sector. We will be looking for evidence of the skills essential for making a great entrepreneur - e.g. able to identify and exploit a gap in the market, creating a product that solves a problem, the ability to commercialise, developing a team etc.
Diversified Medic of the Year
Medical student or doctor who has excelled in their career by diversifying into areas beyond conventional clinical medicine. The area can be medical or non-medical.
Health Tech Startup of the Year
A Medical Student or Doctor-Led Health Tech Startup showing real potential to transform healthcare in diverse ways, which is no older than 24 months from incorporation. The company does not need to be registered, and can simply be at idea stage / MVP.
The company has to have a medical student or doctor in the company leadership team.
We encourage all previous nominees and winners to enter if you still remain eligible to enter the category.
Proceedings and Dates
- Nominations open until July 31st 2017
- Judging and online voting will commence in August 2017
- Winners to be announced at the ACW 2017 Event on 28th October
- Please note that Health Tech Startup & Entrepreneur Finalists may be required to pitch at the networking event on the evening of Friday 27th October
- Please note that in a bid to encourage gender diversity in these awards, nominated women will automatically be shortlisted